Friday, February 08, 2013

Nic Cage as Superman: For real


Nic Cage as Superman: For real
Finally, a real photo of Nic Cage as Superman from the failed Superman Lives movie/project. Superman was so close to being filmed that they had costume fitting for Nicholas Cage and drawings for sets. Tim Burton was set to direct the project with a finished shooting script, but everything fell apart. Before WB attached Burton, Kevin Smith had written a script. Burton being Burton dropped Smith's script, which was the most faithful, and brought in his own people for a script. You can read Smith's full script right here.
I personally think Burton was the wrong man for the job, judging from the concept art. Again, Burton was making a Tim Burton movie with elements of Superman. And, from what I can tell, Burton and Cage ended up getting paid for the involvement, which I find a waste of money.
Now, the reason this photo surfaced is because a guy named Jon Schnepp wants to compile all the info on this incomplete film and make a documentary. Here's his kickstarter. If I had the funds, I would throw some dollars his way. From what I can tell, he's very close to making his goal. I am not sure how helpful WB will be considering that it will probably make them look foolish for letting the project fall apart. They throw in 30 Million.





No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47