Sunday, February 17, 2013

Harlem Shake: I hate it…


Harlem Shake:  I hate it…
Can we stop with the Harlem Shake videos? 
First, the music is horrible.  It’s that stupid bass stuff that nearly sounds like Dubstep, and we know how shitty dubstep is.  (Durp Step?)
Second, I just don’t understand the craze behind the meme. 
The Harlem Shake is not a milkshake, but a dance born from Harlem way back in 1981.  The dance showed up in G Dep’s Let’s Get It.  It seems P-Ditty has a lot to do with the return of the Harlem Shake with this video.
From there, DJ Baauer made a song with the same name.  And, it is this song that has turned into a viral hit in the Internets with random people “dancing”. 
From Wiki, ((The art form of the meme was established in a video uploaded on February 2 by The Sunny Coast Skate,[2] five teenagers from Queensland, Australia. The teenagers' video, in its turn, was a follow-up to a video by a YouTube comedy vlogger named Filthy Frank[3][4] featuring a part where several costumed persons danced to the song "Harlem Shake" by Baauer.))
I know people are comparing it to Gangnam Style, but GS is more of a parody of these shitty dance songs that all sound the same.  When the Today Show decides to do it, it is time to hang it up.  Shit…
Go f’ ye self Today Show.  I do like that there is a meme stating that the Today Show kills memes when they do it.  The Today Show is like an EMP blast to Internet Memes.  The Daily Beast has compiled all the memes that the show has murdered over the years.  I am somewhat grateful that TS has killed this meme. 
Maybe, I am too old for this shit.  




2 comments:

MC said...

The only Harlem Shake video you ever need.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iST14CAy-fE

Semaj said...

That was freaking great. I like memes but this one is way under my age I guess.

I love the bit where they teleport from the meme into a bar.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47