Sunday, December 25, 2011

Where are the parents?





Where are the parents?
While I was standing in line to buy a ticket for Mission Impossible 4 at my local theater, I witnessed a strange incident. 
There were two little girls about 7 to 9 years old standing in front of the ticket window.  They both had these confused expressions on their faces.  Keep in mind this is Christmas Eve at 8:55 at night, and I saw no parent in sight.
“My I help who is next?” the ticket lady said through the speaker. 
The two little girls stepped up with money in hand.  “Can we get two tickets for Young Adult?”
“Uh, do you have a parent around, that movie is Rated-R?” the ticket lady asked.
They didn’t answer and stood back away from the window.  Where exactly where they’re parents and why were they trying to get into a R-Rated movie?  This is a late Saturday on Christmas Eve, no place for little kids. 
I just found it odd. 
I looked up Young AdultYoung Adult is written by Diablo Cody, and ex-stripper. And, where's what the parent guide had to say about movie's content. ((No actual nudity, actors are covered or wearing underwear. Graphic discussion of male sex organ. Adult promiscuity and discussion of high school sexual activity with numerous partners. Hint of masturbation in opening scene. ))
I am not a prude, but I think parent should at least be there to watch the R-rated movie with their kids.  Heck, I used to watch a lot of R-rated movies when I was a kid.  

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47