Friday, December 02, 2011

Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer Remember that one?


Silver and gold
Well, he’s not frosty the snowman, but he’s still cool (pun intended).  I need to sit down and re-watch Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer.  I fondly remember watching it back in the day as child.  It was an old TV special even when I was young because it came out in 1964. 
In addition, the cut I watched wasn’t the same cut that Rankin-Bass originally created. They added and deleted a few songs and added a scene at the end with the Misfit Toys. 
I still fondly look back at this animated special because it had a good message.  “Even though you are different, you have a place in this world no matter who you are.”  Being an outsider and being different, that message connected with me. 
However, is Rudolph a mutant?  Does that mean he can become a member of the X-Men?


Notes
-She Thinks I’m Cuuuuutttttte
Axe Licker: It was mentioned on Hollywood Babble-on that Yukon Cornelius licks his axe in the movie.  I always laughed when he did it. Who knew that gold had taste and smell? 
The song Fame and Fortune isn’t in the cut anymore.
Even Destiny’s Child did a version of the song
Verizon Wireless

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I would be of the belief that ALL the reindeer are already mutants, seeing as how they can fly :)

Semaj said...

yeah, that is true. I guess Rudolph would be the super mutant of the group.

Then, there is Santa that can bend time and space in order to deliver all those gifts. I'm guessing he's a timemage or something

Sarah said...

That could be a fun short story title "Santa: Timemage to Children"

Semaj said...

You might be onto something there. that is a nice title.

Anonymous said...

Here's a cartoon about Dasher!
http://pastexpiry.blogspot.com/2011/12/cartoon-dasher.html

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47