Friday, December 30, 2011

Cross didn't like making Chipmunks III


While watching the very funny video review of Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked, I did some digging and discovered that David Cross didn't like making the third film in the Chipmunk saga. In the Pop Watch story, Cross called it an unpleasant experience. Well, he wasn't the only one, because RT has it at 13% with the Box Office being lower than the last two.
From Pop Watch, (( “the most unpleasant experience I’ve ever had in my professional life.”, ))
I like David Cross, but why is he now distancing himself from the Chipmunk franchise? It looks like now that his contract is up, he's okay with bashing some elements of the movie. From Indie Wire.com, (( "I’m contractually done," he said during press rounds for his television show "The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret." "I was contractually obligated to do three, which is kinda standard." But now his outlook on the work is considerably less positive. ))
But, I'll give him credit for being open about his time shooting the movie. I like him as a comedic actor is totally brilliant in Arrested Development. Now that he's done with the Chipmunk movies, hopefully he doesn't take the Nic (not the bees!!!) Cage path of taking roles.  

2 comments:

MC said...

Oh, he was ripping on The Chipmunks from day one and made it clear he was doing the movies simply for the money.

Semaj said...

nice, he even mentions "Year One" in his statement. That makes me like him even more. I had forgotten he was in that bad movie.

Hey, Michael Cain did the same thing with Jaws 4. I think he made a similar statement too about a house.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47