Monday, November 28, 2011

View-Master


View-Master
For weeks, I’ve been trying to find the name of this product.  I would discuss it with other people from my generation.  And, I finally discovered the name of this toy from my childhood.  You see, you would stick these paper disks into the top of the machine and point the View-Master into a light to see the images.   
The disk would have evenly spaced photos that were viewable through the View-Master.  You would change pictures through a click on a side handle.
I fondly remember getting one of these things as a birthday gift.  I remember getting the Star Trek II Wrath of Khan Disk-Set and watching it over and over again. I had no idea they even made some for the TNG show. 
I guess this was what we had before really good videogames and DVDs of our favorite movies.  (We also had the Read-Along books and tapes)
However to my surprise, Fisher Price is still making View-Masters.  They even have a site. 
I might just get one. 
However, why do I feel this would be something a hipster would buy? 




 This woman is a little bit too happy for her own good. 
________________________________________________________________

Yes, I actually had this set.  I almost remember there being photos of scenes not in the movie, but being from the ABC cut of the film. 

2 comments:

MC said...

Don't let hipster ruin your nostalgia. Just don't.

Semaj said...

You're right. I just think everything I remember is brought back as "trendy" for their cause.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47