Thursday, November 10, 2011

RIP Heavy D


Being completely busy, I hadn’t noticed that Rapper Heavy D passed away on November 8 until yesterday.  His real name was Dwight Myers.  He passed away at his home from breathing problems.  I’m not sure we have the full story behind his death yet.  Surprisingly, Heavy D lost nearly lost over 100 pounds.  And, he was into getting healthy.   
I fondly remember him from Heavy D & the Boyz group.  He was a rapper/dancer with a lot of lighter songs with R&B hooks.  His songs were never hardcore without much cussing.  Heck, he even had a song about not cussing in songs.
I also dug his In Living Color theme song.
His nickname was “the Overweight Lover” and he gave all big guys like me hope that we could get some loving.
I remember his hook on MJ’s “Jam” song.  “Ain’t too hard for me to jam.”
Anyway, RIP Heavy D.


No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47