Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Too old to give a crap? (Body odor)


Too old to give a crap? (Body odor)
One thing I’ve noticed about old people is that they generally have this attitude of not giving a shit about anything.  Given their age, they are able to skirt social norms (like driving slow in the fast line) because they’ve stopped giving a crap. 
I’m sitting at the café in the library at school right across from an old guy with some intense body odor.  He has this mossy/mildew smell emitting from his body, and it is truly disturbing my vibe.   He is certainly ripe, perhaps rotten.   However, it is certainly an earthy smell that I can’t really stand.
I’ve noticed that a lot of old men tend to stop minding their personal hygiene, and they all have a similar smell.  I’m guessing there comes a time when you give up the fight and start smelling like the decomposing trees in the forest with a hint of dry dirt and mushrooms. 
So, there is probably a time when they say, “f’ it.  I’m going to go for that musky dirt smell because I’m not getting any dates.”

4 comments:

Ammaro said...

haha, i can stand anything but a smelly person. reminds me of when i worked in a bank. some of those people that used to come in... *sigh*

6491976 said...

LOL
I have to admit that I understand why they do it. As you said, since they know that they're not going to get any dates they don't give a shit. Proves Freud's theory.

P.S. Do you really need word verification?

Sarah said...

I think growing old is no excuse to smell bad unless something medical is causing it.

My grow-old excuse will be to become the most lecherous old lady ever, constantly pinching young men on their behinds and acting like I'm senile so it's okay.

Semaj said...

Ammaro: I've been away from working with the public for years, so I probably forgotten about the smell from some Customers.

6491976: I’ve had nearly 100 comment spam posts within one day without the verification. They are relentless.

Sarah: I hope I am the same way. However, I can see myself morphing into that smelly old guy too. I hope I’m the other

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47