Thursday, March 04, 2010

The New Karate Kid (2010) trailer

The New Karate Kid (2010) trailer

Wow, what a difference a new trailer makes in changing your opinion of a film. Now, I actually want to see this remake now.

~Did you hear the “You’re best around” song at the end of the trailer. It is when Chan is swatting flies. Very clever.

~I love the “Dude, I’m from Detroit” bit.

~They threw in a bit of The Last Samurai score into the mix, which seems strange when this is supposed to be set in China.

~I hope they address the whole Karate/Kung-fu thing in the movie. Hell, Chan keeps mentioning Kung-Fu in the entire trailer.

2 comments:

PJ said...

Looks interesting. Jackie Chan's always a good bet. Jaden looks tiny - how old is he? There was a moment when he stared down his opponent and reminded me so much of his dad.

Karate is Japanese but this whole movie is set in China? Nice way to be authentic... Great scenery though. That dude dialogue was funny.

I might wait for the dvd.

Semaj said...

Yeah, if they don't address the whole Kung-Fu/Karate Kid issue, I am going to be pissed.

Jaden is too young to play the (Flux Daniel) role I think.

Yeah, the China scenes are pretty, but why didn't they just set it in Japan and make it about Karate? Are in the US?

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47