Monday, March 08, 2010

Alice in Wonderland made a lot of money

Alice in Wonderland has a 116 Million gross for the weekend. In some ways, I’m happy that a fantasy film has grossed so much in the opening, but I’m not sure this is a good thing for Mr. Tim Burton. This will probably fuel Burton’s ego to make more off the wall movies.

But, I’ll let my Facebook posts do the talking. Someone mentioned that he saw the movie and enjoyed it. So, I had this to say.

((I'm done with Tim Burton))

I also had this to say about Burton. ((Too much focus on style and very thin on plot. Tim Burton should try making some original work instead of putting his Gothic dirty stamp on every movie he's made. ))

I know it is his ‘thang’ but I’m really getting sick of his dirty, grungy style. I’m mean what has he done to Helena Bonham Carter? Did he throw some dirt on her? And, don’t get me started on Johnny Depp. Change it up a bit. Remember, Batman 89 didn’t have that shit.

((Burton is amazing when someone is watching his back. And given that he's worked with the best in the Business (Jim Henson and Disney) you would think he'd learn that story is just as important as style...probably more so. ))

Burton proved that he could think outside his dirty circus world and make some interesting films. And, coming from the world of Disney and Henson.

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47