Monday, January 11, 2010

Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel rant

Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel has made nearly 200 million in North America. It has remained in the number three spot for a while now, and it has still made a lot of money. I’m still floored by the sheer devotion families have for this movie. I understand people want to take their kids to see something harmless and “cute”, but showing them a substandard product doesn’t really fit the bill for me.

How about taking them to see something better like say The Princess and the Frog?

And, I really don’t want to put any more money into Jason Lee’s pocket, because it only helps Xenu.

A co-worker refused to take his girlfriend to see the movie because he said, “I will never see a movie with the title The Squeakquel in it.” He is a wise man.

2 comments:

AndrAIaSprite said...

I'm disgusted by self-appointed critics like you, who think only the Hollywood machine can make a satisfying movie. The Squeakquel, like everything featuring the Chipmunks, is powered by the Bagdasarian family's love for their late patriarch (played by Jason Lee in these most recent movies). If you prefer corporate marketing-driven films like Disney's crass attempt to expand its Princess brand, well then I guess that's your taste -- but I don't have to swallow it.

Semaj said...

Wow, I had no Idea there was someone out there that feel so strongly for a movie called the “Squeakquel”. Congratulations!
I don’t know if you’re more pissed I attacked Jason Lee, who isn’t in the movie long, or the actual movie. If you can’t see that this is merely a money grab, like you claim Dinsey is doing, I can’t convince you otherwise.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47