Saturday, January 23, 2010

Fun with Comments

I love it when a comment comes together.

Days later, I got a comment from AndrAlaSprite on my Alvin and Chipmunks movie rant. He/she left this wonderful remark.

((I'm disgusted by self-appointed critics like you, who think only the Hollywood machine can make a satisfying movie.))

First off, that you call it a machine is part of the problem with Hollywood these days. The product feels like a product created by “the machine”. It should feel like it was made by a workshop and with heart. And, there are plenty of satisfying movies out there.

Second, I had no idea I was a self-appointed critic. I know that I’m a self-appointed shitty blogger that can’t write worth a damn, but I didn’t know I was promoted to self-appointed critic too. And, if you think my opinions disgust you, you shouldn’t see me dance. You’ll be beyond disgusted.

By the way, the real critics haven’t really loved the movie either (21%)

((The Squeakquel, like everything featuring the Chipmunks, is powered by the Bagdasarian family's love for their late patriarch (played by Jason Lee in these most recent movies).))

If you say so…

((If you prefer corporate marketing-driven films like Disney's crass attempt to expand its Princess brand, well then I guess that's your taste -- but I don't have to swallow it.))

Uh, the movie was distributed by 20th Fox. Fox isn’t exactly tiny company with a tiny marketing branch.

And, Disney has done a good job balancing popular movies with art. Why all the hate on Disney?

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47