Thursday, January 21, 2010

Christina Hendricks and the New York Times Controversy

I’ve stated before, I really dig Christina Hendricks. I think she has an amazing body and a pretty face. I also like her character on Mad Men. While I can understand why some guys would find her a bit too much woman, I think she’s the prefect size. She has it in the right spots.

The Samurai Frog has some pictures of her at the Golden Globes showing a bit of her “glowing globes” in that stunning dress. Now, Thomwade has discovered the story about the controversy over her “glowing globes” picture with some news paper. (News Story here)

It seems some women in the New York Times have been attacking the Christina Hendricks. The portion of the story that has pissed me off this from Cathy Horyn, ((Not pretty Christina Hendricks in Christian Siriano’s exploding ruffle dress. (As one stylist said, “You don’t put a big girl in a big dress. That’s rule number one.”) ))

Let me be the first to tell you to F' off, Cathy. One has to wonder why she had to make that “Not Pretty” snipping remark. I'm sorry but Christina is amazing in that dress. It goes back to the problem I have with the fashion industry as a whole. People are sick of seeing paper thin chicks, but you will keep hearing how Christina is too big. Go to heck.

Here's the kicker, there used to be an distorted image of Christina that made her look wider on the right side of the post. Now, if I was really a mean person, I'd post a picture of Cathy Horyn here on this post, but I will refuse to do that. But, let's just say my suspicions of her “looks” were correct. Just Google her name and see the images. Rough is an understatement.

Here's my favorite Christina moment from Mad Men, enjoy.

BTW, Christina Hendricks isn't a “Big Girl”, the woman destroying a McDonald's Counter is a big girl. Get your facts straight.



2 comments:

MC said...

It is like the same people who call America Ferrera fat.... she's not. She is just not wafer thin.

Semaj said...

I also find many of the people that come out and call her fat are women. That seems strange to me.

Ferrera isn't fat and there are probably more people her size than the wafer thin models out there

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47