Thursday, December 03, 2009

True Blood season 3 info

True Blood adds new cast members for season 3 (Make sure to check out the news here)

As I stated before, I love True Blood. It is everything that Twilight isn’t. It seems willing to make fun of itself without becoming emo. And Sookie, in the series, doesn’t mope around waiting for things to happen to her. Plus, there is nothing wrong with seeing Rogue, uh, Anna Paquin naked in every episode.

For season 3, it looks like they’re adding Werewolves to the mix.

- Marshall Allman (AKA LJ Burrows from Prison Break) will be playing Shapeshifter Sam’s brother. As long as he doesn’t get captured in every season like he did on Prsion Break, I’ll be okay.

- Grant Bowler: This dude will be playing a werewolf in a biker gang. Is this like Sons of Anarchy?

-Shannon Lucio: Looking Google pictures of Shannon Lucio, I completely approve.

(Make sure to check out the spoilers for season 3 in this link.)

I think the show is at its strongest when it mixes fantasy with reality. I think having Maryann as a strange creature helped show that this world is made up of more than vampires. I love the fact all these fantasy do exist in our real world.

Btw, what is the deal with vampire controlling the illegal vampire blood trade?

Note: The writer Charlaine Harris of the Sookie books seems to be a very nice person. Make sure to check out the 9-part interview.

We'll probably get a bit more of the Fellowship in this season.

6 comments:

PJ said...

Thanks for the update. I'm really looking forward to seeing Season 3 or True Blood. I've read all 9 books now, but the great thing about the TV series is that it's not exactly the same as the books, so I can't predict what's going to happen next.

Semaj said...

Hey, no problem. It looks like they're really opening up the universe bit with werewolves. I've heard many fans do like the alt-take the series is taking.

BTW, how long did it take to you to read the series?

Mayren said...

ok so are you ok with the TV series to be completely different from the book series? And do you think it's ok for the book series to continue on it's normal path?

I have ideas about this but wanted to ask you first.

it's a long wait till the middle of next summer till the show comes back. :)

Semaj said...

Are you talking to PJ or me?

I haven't gotten around to the books yet, but I plan on getting the first two next year after Christmas

I'll give my two cents.

I view as the way comic books are viewed. some books are set in a different universe but certain characters are the same, just different storylines (like the Marvel universe vs the Ultimate one)

Like you, I heard most True Blood fans like both series as stand alone visions

PJ said...

It took me a couple of months to finish the books - I'm a quick reader but I was trying to spread them out between other books, but read a few back to back due to impatience.

There are werewolves and other were-animals in the books too, but it will be interesting to see how they are shown in the tv show.

I like how the tv show has taken inspiration from the books and taken it to another level.

For instance, Lafayette was a very minor character in the books, but in the tv show he's become a fascinating and important character.

Semaj said...

Agreed, Lafayette is an interesting character, probably has to do with the actor, and he going to have some interesting things happen to him in this upcoming season too.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47