Sunday, December 07, 2008

Catherine Hardwicke S-canned?

Twilight Star gets booted from the new Twilight follow up. (Director Catherine Hardwicke)

Holy Vampires, after helming the emo vampire movie to $139 million dollars, the studio gives her the boot. Talk about strange.

From Nikki Finke's site...

((I've confirmed that Summit Entertainment is taking Twilight director Catherine Hardwicke off the sequel in this big new franchise. No doubt my news will speed up the studio's announcement, and Summit will surely scramble to spin this as all going down amicably along the lines that she "couldn't fit the film into her time frame". But this terrible news for Hardwicke comes just as she and the Twilight cast are on their European press tour. No doubt, tomorrow's interviews in France will now focus entirely on what, if anything, Catherine did to deserve this treatment. ))

You better believe Hardwicke's people are going to scramble to spin this like she was never interested in directing part two. No one likes to admit that they've been S-canned. I'm thinking Hardwicke won't show up for the press tours in Europe because 'she's under the weather'.

Now, why would a studio let of a director that helmed a profitable movie go?

((The word from inside Summit is that Hardwicke, the acclaimed Thirteen director, "was 'difficult' and 'irrational' during the making of Twilight," ))

I'm guessing since this movie was made on a smaller budget, and they had this many problems, it will only get worst with a bigger budget. I could be wrong. I'd loved to see that press conference tomorrow.

I guess this story about her talks about a sequel makes it that more interesting...

Hardwicke didn't see this coming.

And no, I won't see this movie.

Unless a woman asks me to go though, I'd go. Going alone to a theater filled with teenage girls doesn't sound enjoyable to me. Plus, It would just look strange for me to sit there, and I could come across as a stalker or worst...

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47