Monday, December 29, 2008

That David Sides guy

While chatting it up with MC, we came across some interesting covers from different artists. One that I thought was outstanding was a guy named David Sides. This is an amazing composer and performer. He takes popular songs and changes them into piano songs.

Yet, he takes it a step further. Turns many of them into ballads, songs that weren’t intended to be ballads.

One of his best is his cover of The Lollipop Song

Yeah, he took an otherwise dirty and stupid song and turned it into a good song. (His Myspace and his YouTube Account is here.)

Here's his cover of Ice Box: The original song I believe uses a sample from Chrono Trigger.

His “Touch My Body” cover is also worth listening to.

His Timberlake cover of “What Goes Around” is pretty good.

This guy has skills, and I hope to see more from him.

It makes me wish I stayed with my Music career all those years ago.

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47