The Japanese version of the Dragonball movie is out there. And we can’t let it back in.
Well, that wasn’t too good.
I can’t believe someone didn’t put a stop to this movie. Of course, there were rumors that studio was going to release this mess straight to video, but when the news leaked out they changed their minds.
I still don’t know why they felt they could translate the cartoon to the big screen. Here are things that are in the cartoon show.
1. There are talking animals that act like humans in this universe.
2. There are street sweepers in heaven, and I’m not making this up.
3. There’s a magical bean that can heal your wounds when you eat it.
4. People can destroy entire planets with power from a single finger.
5. Gathering all the Dragon Balls will force a huge dragon to appear, which grants wishes.
Could any of that really translate to a broader American Audience? Nope, so you better believe they’ll leave it out. Besides, why does the plot sound like a damn Mortal Kombat movie?
Then the acting in the trailer is horrendous.
I did hear there were re-shots though.