Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Crank 2: High Voltage

Jason Statham: Driving cars really fast and beating people up: Those two things pretty much sum up his career. The Italian Job, Crank, Death Race. He’s like the Burt Reynolds of our time: Smokey and the Bandit, The Cannonball Run, Stroker Ace, except Statham is cooler.

______________________________________

The Crank 2: High Voltage

Check out the trailer here.

I wasn’t exactly a huge fan of the first movie when it came out. And, my review states that. It was not my cup of tea. (Though, the scene in Chinatown with Amy Smart was a nice treat.)

Then something happened, I began to watch bits and pieces of the movie over time on HBO. I started to enjoy the movie a bit more. I wouldn’t say I love the movie, but I can see why people like the first film. There is a balls-out attitude about it I think people enjoy.

Well, an uncensored trailer for Crank 2 has come out and I’m really digging what I’ve seen so far.

At this point, they’re going for the whole graphic comic book/video game vibe completely.

The trailer has nudity and a lot of cussing. Some of the other things in the trailer I won't even mention here.

And, I believe there is a cameo from Jenna Haze. I guess she’s in the movie playing a hooker, imagine that. (I can’t find her role on her IMDB page.)

I am really starting to like these R-rated trailers.

2 comments:

MC said...

When I wrote about Crank, I got this anonymous comment:

-
Knowing these guys (Neveldine and Taylor) personally, trust me you're going to be surprised. Really surprised. And, you're gonna like it!!!
-

I guess they knew what they were talking about.

I can't believe they put a Wayne Brady reference in it too.

Semaj said...

There is some crazy shit in the trailer. And, we'll probably get an uncut version too. god knows what is on the cutting room floor.

Yeah, I laughed when they made the Wayne Brady line.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47