Monday, December 22, 2008

Remakes in Sci-fi

Even the poster is lame.
____________

Io9 has a list of the 10 worst sci-fi remakes

Some of these I've seen and some I just down right refuse to watch.

Here are a few comments on a few of them

The Island Of Doctor Moreau: I’ve never seen this one and I probably will never see it. The behind the scene horror stories tell me that the movie was doomed from the story. Like the writer states, you have to keep Brando (had) in check. Val Kilmer has gone from this to making really bad albums, because he thinks he can sing.

Planet Of The Apes: I’ve already said a lot about this one. What's up with the ending again?

Invasion: This one is a complete mess. They brought in the Wachowski Brothers to do rewrites for re-shoots after the movie was completed. You can tell when the original director left off and the Wachowski stuff was thrown in. Plus, the movie is just plain boring.

Stepford Wives: Again, this movie is a total mess. I mean you can tell they were re-shooting scenes and were in trouble, because the tone of the film kept changing. The funny part is the trailers are full of the deleted and old scenes from the first cut.

Rollerball: This has to be in the top ten worst movies of all times. I had to force myself to sit through this mess. John McTiernan should have known better. Even LL Cool J bashed the film after its release.

2 comments:

MC said...

Rollerball the remake is a crime against humanity. It had to be said.

Semaj said...

It is, I'd be tempted to sue if I could. I still can't believe someone didn't stop production after dailies.

What were they thinking?

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47