Saturday, December 16, 2006

Live Free or Die Hard teaser

Bruce Willis knew he should have laid-off the spicy tacos last night.

Live Free or Die Hard teaser

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2F9eCSav9x0

Comment: Fox released the new Die Hard trailer yesterday, and you can check it out for yourself on the link above. The teaser only has one line of dialogue, and it makes me cringe every time I hear it. And, Justin Long (The Mac Guy in the Mac ads) says that stupid line. While I liked his character in Waiting, I don’t think Long has the chops to keep up with Bruce Willis.

While I’m not pleased with casting choice of Justin Long, Timothy Olyphant (Deadwood) is a good choice though for one of the bad guys. In addition, the plotline seems all right.

From IMDB.com

When a criminal plot is in place to take down the entire computer and technological structure that supports the economy of the United States (and the world), it's up to a decidedly "old school" hero, police detective John McClane (Willis), to take down the conspiracy, aided by a young hacker (Long).

I also heard FOX will try to get a more teen-friendly PG-13 for Die 4. Please, Fox, don’t do this, let the movie be a bloody R-rating.

5 comments:

Jeff said...

Sweet. As long as it's better than the 3rd, I'm excited. I kinda liked the one line at the end. Bruce is such a badass.

Anonymous said...

that line i way too overused. it's been cloned so many times, i would kinda wish with them trying to bring back a retired franchise, that they would give it a much fresher feel.

but no villian can top alan rickman's character, and jeremy irons wasn't that bad either. it's a relief that bruce willis is giving his roots another shot. i'll definitely be looking forward to the next one, and this is a case i hope they keep it R. PG-13 ranking doesn't even match the title.

paul

Semaj said...

Jeff: I actually enjoyed the 3rd one the most, I thought it was the most clever one out of the 1st three. Then again, 3 wasn't originally going to be a die hard movie.

Well, Bruce's reaction worked, but the line was cheesy, coming from Long.


Paul: All the Die Hard movies have been bloody and fun, but you're right, a PG13 will kill the movie. Here's hoping it turns out better than Rocky or Rambo, Then again Die Hard is a better franchise than Rambo.

Anonymous said...

I always think of John McClane as the proto-Jack Bauer, and I agree with you Semaj about #3... the second movie in the series is the one I consider non-canonical.

Semaj said...

yeah there are some people that feel that 3 was lacking, but I loved Sam and Bruce on the screen together.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47