Sunday, December 24, 2006

Buffy the Animated Series

One of the things I’ve been trying to get a hold of lately is more information on the undeveloped (nearly developed) Buffy the Animated Series. Development of the series actually began in 2001, but things started to get serious around 2002. Fox shopped the idea around to many of the other networks in town, but no one took a bite (sorry). The series resurfaced again in 2004, and no one was interested in the show during that time either.

During the proposal that was shown to networks, there was a 4-minute ‘pilot’ with animation and voice acting. I would really like to get my hands on this material, but I just can’t seem to find it anywhere. I personally would have welcomed a Buffy Cartoon show that was stylized in such a manner as Batman: The Animated Series, which it was in the proposal drawings. I’m not sure exactly how the show would have been placed into the mainstream Buffy continuity, if at all.

Check out more of the promotional artwork from the Eric Wright web page… http://www.ericwight.com/portfolio/buffy001.html"Uh, I just asked for your phone number..."

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47