Wednesday, February 07, 2018

Westworld Super Bowl trailer (season 2)

Westworld Super Bowl trailer
Brilliant. I had no idea HBO was going to roll out this trailer on Super Bowl night. I didn't watch the Super Bowl, but it popped up on the YT channel.

I enjoy telling people how great this show was and getting their reactions after completing the season. I believe the show blended and balanced the character moments with the high concept things while also moving a deep and foreshadowing plot in an entertaining manner. Before becoming an asshole at work, I was known as the Westworld guy heaping praise on the show.
I love this trailer. It gives us insight into the absolute chaos that will be the second season of WW. While the first season was about keeping things under control, this is what happens when the zoo is let loose on the watchers. I love that they went big and creepy for this trailer.
-Bull-Shit: I love the bulls running through the labs and killing people. It is an iconic sight. I like seeing the half-built ones in the group as well.
- Dolores, is the leader of the revolt: Will she be seen as the villain or a hero? I heard that the Dolores looking at the camera bit will not be on the show and was filmed only for the trailer. It is a great fourth-wall breaking moment. I also like that the narration is being done by her.
-Logan returns?: I didn't catch in the trailer at first, but he's there. How does he fit into the present WW? Are we seeing another “world”? Side Note: Did you know that Logan's character is bisexual? It isn't spelled out, but it is within the episode. When he hires robotic hookers, one of them is male. Nothing wrong with that, but it doesn't scream it out.
Ford reborn as a robot?
-Runaway theme: I freaking love that Kanye West's "Runaway" is used in the trailer too. It is fitting because people are going to be running away the entire time. You can listen to the piano version of this song below. If you follow the show, you know that popular modern songs are turned into piano versions for the show.






No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47