Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Fergie and that Anthem

I generally ignore most, if not all, sporting event, but this popped up in my feed.
I can't finish watching the video because it has so much cringe I have to agree with the DT guys. When you hire Fergie, you get what you pay for. I like Fergie for what she is, but don't hire for the national anthem.

From CNN via People, ((According to People, the Black Eyed Peas star said she's "been honored and proud to perform the national anthem and last night I wanted to try something special for the NBA."
"I'm a risk taker artistically, but clearly this rendition didn't strike the intended tone," she said. "I love this country and honestly tried my best."))
Yeah, it was “special” alright. Just sing the damn song and stop trying to shoop-it up. As I stated before, the NBA should also take heat for this...for hiring “lovely lady lumps”. Why not hire someone with more of a musical sound like Bruno Mars or Alicia Keys?
I am waiting for the tide to turn and the media starts “white knighting” for Fergie claiming all the criticism is an alt-right hit-squad fueled by 4Chan. Bad is just bad. Besides, something tells me Trump probably loved her performance.

Jimmy Kimmel has some amusing comments about the incident.












No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47