Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Star Wars: Episode VIII Directed by Rian Johnson

Star Wars: Episode VIII Directed by Rian Johnson
From Deadline.com, ((In a bombshell move, I’m told that Lucasfilm is making a deal with Looper writer-director Rian Johnson to write and direct Star Wars Episodes VIII and IX.  ))
This news makes me happy. Part of the problem with the prequels was that Lucas refused to release the director duties to other people. Lucas really isn't a good director, so I love to see JJ and Rian get a chance to helm these movies.
He hasn't done that many movies, but I like what I've seen from him.
The Brothers Bloom  : I really love this movie. Everything about this movie works. It is a cute movie.
Looper  : I am certain this is the reason he got the Star Wars gig. Sure there are problems with the script, but overall Looper was an enjoyable sci-fi movie.

Anyway, I am happy with these decisions as long as they keep George far, far away.  JJ is a good starting off point and Johnson is nice way of finishing it.  I also like the choices they've made for the side movies.  Now, if Disney can get this Ant Man movie off the ground without more trouble...

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47