Sunday, March 04, 2012

Thoughts on Wild Wild West


Thoughts on Wild Wild West
I have to agree with the reviewer.  The movie isn’t as bad as I remembered it.  I remember being disappointed with the movie when I saw it in theaters.  I remembered all the hype and promotional saying this was the next MIB.  The movie isn’t good, but certainly not as bad a MIB2. 
I remember reading in a magazine that movie went through major re-shoots because test audiences didn’t like the movie.  That is never a good sign. 
Notes
-Will Smith stated that he regretted making this film over The Matrix.  He was their first choice in the Neo role in the Matrix movie.  He turned them down for WWW. 
-Research?: The they even bother watching the old TV show?  Other than the names, this movie is nothing like the TV show.  I used to watch that old show all the time. 
-Giant Spider:  Yes, the giant spider is stupid, but the ending payoff was kind of cute.  Riding off into the sunset with a giant robot is nice touch. 
-Re-shoots:  You can clearly tell where they added the re-shoot scenes.  The “boob grabbing” scene is one, because it has nothing to do with the plot.  The magnet running scene with the two falling in the mud is another one.  The extra bad guys at the end were added too. 
-Salma Hayek looks lovely.  I also like that ass shot in the movie.  Did I mention I have a huge crush on Salma? 
-Why exactly is Bai Ling in this movie?  She only serves to make the “East meets West joke” and dies. 
-What did happen to the metal guy fighting Will Smith at the end? : Why did he just short out. Bad editing?
-The movie is just as patched together as Jonah Hex, but this movie is far more amusing than Hex.
-Drag Queen:  This movie loves putting its stars in drag.  None of it is even remotely funny.  And, it gets embarrassing for Will when he does it. 
-Loveless was a little person on the show.  They completely missed the mark. 
 She is so damn hot/cute.  
_____________________________________________________________
 This is the stupidest villain ever.  A steam powered wheelchair?  Didn't the steampunk stuff come out during this time period?  
________________________________________________________________
 "That's a man's head."  Okay, that was a funny scene.  
__________________________________________________________________


 Will Smith is going to show you his "Big Willie Style".  

4 comments:

MC said...

This eventually gets to Wild Wild West.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgYhLIThTvk

Semaj said...

Yeah, I always loved that story. I also like the bit with Burton and Smith having a spat in a newspaper.

Smith actually has a cameo in the movie Superman Doomsday where he comments on a giant spider Toyman controls. I have to find it somewhere

Sarah said...

Whenever I try to explain steampunk to people who have no idea what it is, I use this movie to get them closer to understanding.

Poor substitute, but when explaining stuff like that to my mom, it's the closest she'll come!

Semaj said...

Yeah, this movie has some heavy Steampunk feel to it. I think Johan Hex is another movie in that same grouping too, but not nearly as good either.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47