Friday, March 09, 2012

The Death of Trayvon Martin: Neighborhood Watch Captain killed 17-year-old kid

Neighborhood Watch Captain killed 17-year-old kid
A young black kid went to his father’s house in a gated community.  His father lived in the gated community. 
From IB Times, ((They were watching the NBA All-Star Game and it was half-time. Trayvon walked down the street to a local convenient store, where he bought a can of iced tea and a packet of Skittles. On his way back home he noticed an older man in his late twenties was following him in a car. ))
Sadly, I know exactly how this guy felt. Keep in mind I've been stopped twice by cops believing I was a car thief while on my bike. I don't even know how to even open my car door. I've also had concerned citizens follow me with their cars.
This George Zimmerman shot and killed Trayvon, claiming it was self defense.  Trayvon only had Skittles and an Arizona Ice Tea in his pockets.  Look I am all for communities taking back their streets and fighting crime, but this is going too far.  Because, the Zimmerman already called the police and the police told him to back off.  He didn’t comply. 
The kicker is George Zimmerman is still free today and hasn’t been charged. 
I’m one of the first black guys that will come out against people for using racism as a scapegoat.  I think the black community uses it too much for some of its own social problems, but this is clear racism front and back.  This was a kid with a clean record and he was from a well-off family with no connections to crimes.  And, he was gunned down on the way home. 
 Why isn't this Zimmerman guy not in jail?  


No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47