Friday, March 02, 2012

Nicolette Sheridan and Terrell Owens: Do you remember this controversy?

TO:  "Wait, how in the hell did you get in here? "
Nicolette Sheridan and Terrell Owens: Do you remember this controversy?

Are you ready for some Football?  Nope. 
I went looking for this ad because Nicollette Sheridan (Not Captain Sheridan from B5) has been in the news lately. She has accused the producer of the show of slapping her on the set.
I remember this little ad for Monday Night Football. This was during the time when Desperate Housewives was the hot shit. It was the Lost for the female and gay audiences. I remember it being really popular, and you couldn't get away from it. I believe this was back in 2005. (Way back when I first started blogging...)  Interestingly enough, the show will finally end this season.  
This horribly acted ad got a lot of backlash (pun intended) when ABC released it. I believe some people were outraged over the sexual nature of the ad (forgetting that most sports fans are this way anyway. Why have a swimsuit edition?) I have no problem with it. It's based on a show about horny housewives.  And, we’re okay with our children watching big hulking guys smash into each other, but have a problem with a woman taking her towel off. 
However, there is a “racial undercurrent” to the old controversy. I don't think people would be this outraged if it was white football player being 'harassed' by Sheridan.
Side note:  Owens’ acting is horrible in this ad, and Sheridan isn’t that much better. 
Side Note II:  While Sheridan isn’t my “type”, I certainly wouldn’t kick her out of my bed. 
Side Note III:  All this talk about this Sheridan makes me thing of Nicole Sheridan.  They vaguely look alike.  





No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47