Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Star Wars Kid: Kids’ reaction to it…(and a look back)


The Star Wars Kid:  Kids’ reaction to it…(and a look back) 
Ah, yes the Star Wars Kid. It is one of those early memes that keeps on giving. The meme started in 2002 way before I even started blogging. Yet, I remember the meme being new around 2005 when I started my blog. I guess memes didn't burn out as quickly as they do now.
“This is kind of sad” one kid says. 
One kid mentions Chris Farley’s opus, or un-opus, Beverly Hills Ninja.  And, I can see the SW Kid in that Farley vibe. 
About the Star Wars Kid…
Truth be told, I’d probably do the same thing, but without the camera.  The SW Kid became a famous Internet guy thanks to some fellow students.  I would have sided with this kid if it weren’t for his family trying to make a quick buck by suing the students that released the video. 
After becoming a Meme, Ghyslain (SW Kid) surfaced as student in law school at McGill University and being the president of the Patrimoine Trois-Rivières society. I personally think he had a chance at becoming a Jedi and training at the Jedi Academy. So, big ups for getting his life together, but I still don't like the part where his parents sued.
Somewhere, he will be representing a client and they’ll recognize him.  “You’re that Jedi Kid, right?”
“That is why you failed.”

Hell, the kid was in a damn videogame.  Being in a Tony Hawk game should get him laid. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

he's just fat

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47