Thursday, September 29, 2011

Simon Sez (remember this one?)


Simon Sez (remember this one?)
Oh, man. Back in the day, some of my co-workers and I would talk about this movie. We would bring up an early version of Dane Cook before he became the horny-guy comedian with sold out shows. The movie came out after the movie Double Team with Jean-Claude Van Damme. He basically plays the same damn character in this movie, but with a different name. I have no idea why they didn't just make him the same character, because they even brought back the cyber monks from Double Team.
Simon Sez came out right around the height of Dennis (The Worm) Rodman's popularity. Rodman dated Maddonna and had a TV show on MTV. He showed up in a few movies and TV shows too. At this point, I was sick of Rodman and throwing an unfunny Dane Cook in there didn't help matters.
If I am not mistaken, the original title for Die Hard III was “Simon Says”, which was from an unrelated script to the Die Hard universe. And, you know it is “extreme” when you throw a “Z” on something.
There are so many silly moments in this movie that, I just tell people to watch it just for poops and giggles. Don't take my word for it, read the book...uh watch the movie.
And, F' You, Dane Cook.


No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47