Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Actors that announce “they're quitting”


Why does he have that disappointed expression on his mug in all his photos. I am not kidding, check it out.
__________________________
I wish I could go up to my boss and say, “I don't feel the heart and passion for this job anymore. I think I'm going to quit. I am going to become a rapping finger-painter. ” It seems only rich people can do that.
This reason or basis for the list was because Taylor Momsen announced that she was giving up acting for her music career. I had no idea who she was or why it was important for her to announce it to the public, instead of just switching over to her music career. I guess it worked because I am aware of her now.
Yet, there are a few more actors I'd like to comment about from that list.
Joaquin Phoenix:  I remember writing about JP’s supposed break down when he announced that he was giving up acting for a rapping career.  They were some of my most popular posts too.  It all turned out to be a hoax and a background for a film, which wasn’t very good either.  The film was rather boring.
Freddie Prinze Jr. :  Now this one of kind of a shocker, because I think Hollywood pretty much gave up on him and not the other way around.  He turned to becoming a writer for WWE instead for about a year or so before getting fired from that gig.   I heard he sort of bounced back with 24. 
Uma Thurman:  I’m glad she didn’t follow through with leaving.  She’s a good actress. 
Elizabeth Hurley: She has certainly slowed down in the acting field. From 2004 to 2011, she had done nothing. She's now starring in movies again. I've always liked her.
Sean Connery: Yeah, after screwing over the director of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, he left acting. I believe he locked the director our of editing his own film. He passed up major roles in The Matrix and Lord of the Rings. I remember Lucas tried his best to get Sean back for IJ4. He passed and William Hurt was brought in as replacement.
Jamie Lee Curtis: That didn't stop her from doing those Activia ads. I saw her in You Again.
Amanda Bynes: She gave up acting via Twitter (uh-no), and then had second thoughts when she realized that working at Burger King wasn't that appealing.  

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47