Monday, July 04, 2011

The Commodores: Nightshift

The Commodores: Nightshift
Ah, mid-80s R&B. I remember liking this song back in the day. When I was young, I really didn't listen to the lyrics, but grooved on beat and laid-back tune. Listening to the song now, I can hear the deeper meaning of the song. It is a tribute to their dead friends Jackie Wilson and Marvin Gaye. The night-shift is a metaphor for Heaven.
I was always under the impression Lionel Richie was still a member of the group when the group released the song. He left the group before they made this song
The Commodores released a remake of their song as a tribute to Michael Jackson. The lyrics are different, but the notes are almost the same.
It is a pretty good remake of their original song.   

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47