Monday, July 18, 2011

Rebecca Black: My Moment


Rebecca Black:  My Moment
I see what you did there, Rebecca.  She opened her track with auto-tune and switched to singing without it.  It’s not a bad song, but some of the synthetic music is annoying.  It feels like the track is fighting between being a ballad and a stupid techno song.   She should have stayed with a ballad. 
The Auto-Tune stuff is kept to a bare minimum.  And, that strange Arc rapper isn’t around to screw up the song.  The lyrics are fluffy and light, but not bland like the Arc stuff.  She really seems to be having a good time in the music video. 
So, as a second follow up, it isn’t bad.  It is a step up from that Arc Music Factory junk.  She seems to have a level head on her shoulders and isn’t really full of herself…yet.  I remember she took all the Internet hate for the “Friday” song with stride.  Her song and music video seem to be much better than the earlier effort.  I think, with some help, she could turn into a pretty good artist, as long as she doesn’t follow the Lady Gaga style of music making.  I think she really could go for ballad music and have a good career. 
Not a bad second track, Rebecca. 
Grade: C+
Notes
-Uh, Bubbles? 
-Yeah, I kind of liked the air-drums bit. 
-Why do I hate the dancers in this video?  They feel like rip-offs of a Disney show. 
-Who are the people in her car with her?  Her family? 
-Why are there guitarists in the music video?  I can’t seem to detect that music guitar playing in the track.  It would have been more realistic to have a nerd with a beat machine. 

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47