Sunday, July 24, 2011

Grape Drink vs Grape Juice: Dave Chappelle bit


Grape Drink vs Grape Juice: Dave Chappelle bit
I always loved this bit. Every black kid growing up, like me, would always have that huge jug of grape drink in the refrigerator. Grape Juice is the higher end drink. And, you never opened the Grape Juice without your mom's permission. That was something you broke out for special occasions. When you wanted to impress some girl, you broke out the Grape Juice and not the Grape Drink. 
I need to pick up some Grape Juice and Drink.
Here's that Sunny Delight ad Dave was talking about.
There are two black guys in the ad.
Side Note: Rip-It Energy Drinks has a grape flavored version of their canned stuff. I have to say it is good too. It doesn't taste like an energy drink. You have to try it.   

2 comments:

MC said...

Strange thing... when I was a kid and we'd get boxes of popsicles, me and my sister would eat the cherry and orange and we'd be left with a box of grape ones.

Semaj said...

You know I was the same way. Frozen grape Popsicles didn't taste right to me. I'm not sure why. Heck I even froze grape juice and drinks for homemade ones and they tasted differently.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47