Saturday, July 08, 2006

When Rob Schneider Attacks

When Rob Schneider Attacks

http://www.defamer.com/hollywood/gossip/rob-schneider/index.php#by-request-rob-schneiders-attack-ad-032113

When Duce Bigalow 2 was released in the theaters, many critics panned it. Because Schneider can be a jerk sometimes, he bought out an ad in Variety, attacking a critic. Now, I’m all about attacking people in print, but I’m not in the industry. However, part of the game is to take the critical blows, you’re a filmmaker, Rob.

Here’s some of that ad

((Frankly, I am surprised the LA Times would hire someone like you with so few or, actually, no accolades to work on their front page. Surely there must be a larger talent pool for the LA Times to draw from. Perhaps, someone who has at least won a ‘Cable Ace Award.’

Maybe, Mr. Goldstein, you didn’t win a Pulitzer Prize because they haven’t invented a category for “Best Third-Rate, Unfunny Pompous Reporter, Who’s Never Been Acknowledged By His Peers!”

Patrick, I can honestly say that if I sat you your colleagues at a luncheon, afterwards, they’d say “You know, that Rob Schneider is a pretty intelligent guy, I hope we can do that again.” Whereas, if you sat with my colleagues, after lunch, you would just be beaten beyond recognition.

For the record, Patrick, your research is shabby as well. My next film is not ‘Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo 2.’ It’s ‘Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo,’ in theaters EVERYWHERE August 12th 2005.

All my best,
Rob Schneider))

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47