Saturday, July 29, 2006

Top Road Comedy Movies

Top Road Comedy Movies, According to me.

8. Black Sheep (uh, Tommy Boy 2): Chris Farley and David Spade team up again in another road movie. While not as good as Tommy Boy, I still quote lines from this one, but I also mistakenly quote this movie, thinking it came from Tommy Boy.

7. The Muppet Movie: Okay, call me names, but I loved this movie when I was a kid. This movie was basically a Prequel of sorts, showing us how all the Muppets first met each other. I need to get the DVD. (Note: there’s a Big Bird cameo in this one.)

6. Tommy Boy: One of my favorites. With the Deer that comes back to life and the “Fat Guy in a Little Coat” you can’t go wrong. One of Farley’s best performances

5. Planes, Trains, and Automobiles: John Candy rules this movie with his almost ‘Uncle Buck’ Character. I loved the scene where Candy drives on the wrong side of the highway.

4. The Cannonball Run/Stroker Ace/ Smokey and the Bandit: Same damn movies, starring Burt Reynolds and his goofy facial hair.

3. Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back: I could add Dogma, but that one is more serious.

2. Pee-wee's Big Adventure: It’s about a grown man searching for his stolen bike. I still get a kick out of this movie.

1. Blues Brothers: Great music and great car chases.

Pee-wee: I wouldn't sell my bike for all the money in the world. Not for a hundred million, billion, trillion dollars!
Francis: Then you're crazy!
Pee-wee: I know you are but what am I?
Francis: You're a nerd!
Pee-wee: I know you are but what am I?
Francis: You're an idiot!
Pee-wee: I know you are but what am I?
Pee-Wee, Francis: I know you are but what am I? I know you are but what am I? I know you are but what am I? (Pee-wee): Infinity!
Francis: No, I'm not.
Francis, Pee-Wee: You are! No way! Knock it off! Cut it out!
Francis: Shut up, Pee-wee!
Pee-wee: Why don't you make me.
Francis: You make me!
Pee-wee: Because. I don't make monkeys, I just train 'em.
Francis: Pee-wee listen to reason.
[Pee-Wee cuffs his hand around his ear in a listening motion]
Francis: Pee-wee!
Pee-wee: Sh! I'm listening to reason.
Francis: Pee-wee!
Pee-wee: That's my name, don't wear it out.
Francis: Remember the first time I saw your bike? You came riding passed my house and I came running out to tell you how much I liked it even way back then?
Pee-wee: I love that story.
[jumps on bike and pedals away]
Francis: You'll be sorry, Pee-wee Herman!

2 comments:

wierufhwre said...

Great list. Tommy Boy is still one of my favorites.

Semaj said...

Man, I just love that movie. It amazes me that it still works now.

There hasnt been any road comedies lately.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47