Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Skullmonkeys: Bonus Room Song (Re-Repost)

Skullmonkeys: Bonus Room Song (Re-Repost)
I wrote about this song nearly 12 years ago on this blog. For some reason, this song popped in my head and I started singing it countless times. This song plays every time you reach a bonus room stage. I remember hearing this song and laughing. And, the song even tricked me into thinking there was a monster going to attack me. (Here's the thing; there are monsters and you can die on certain bonus stages.) Yes, the song breaks the fourth wall throughout the entire song. I also like that the singer wants you to tell your friends to buy the game because he makes more money.
This is a brilliant song.   It is the best humor song in a game.

Skullmonkeys came out in the early days of the Playstation. It took full use of the CD ROM format and used live music as its stage music something that cartridge couldn't at the time. Skullmonkeys always felt like an unofficial sequel to Earthworm Jim due its similar humor and character design. Come to find out, part of the team that worked on EWJ broke off and formed their own company that made Skullmonkeys and Neverhood.
Here are my favorite songs from the game.



No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47