Thursday, November 05, 2015

Battle over Goodfellas

Battle over Goodfellas
I've been listening to a bunch of podcasts over at WolfPop, and I came across the movie podcast The Canon. In that podcast Devin Faraci and Amy Nichoison discuss the 'canon' of movies that are considered the best.
Goodfellas came across their plate, and I consider it one of my favorite movies. And, I think it is way better than the Godfather movies, yeah I said it.
Devin and Amy get into a heated discussion about the movie (in their first episode). I almost turned the podcast off when Amy called the movie sexist. (Uh, it's a mob movie about guys that are narrowed minded fools that think crime is a 9-5 job. Of course they're sexist. Mobsters aren't going to be the leaders of SJW causes.)
Amy takes the side of hating the movie and Devin has to defend it. And, I am at a total shock in the fact Devin defends this movie hard. He doesn't wimp out. She comes in swinging and he takes her to task. I generally don't agree with many of his stances on movies, but I don't think I could defend this movie better than he did. I will be listening to more of this podcast.

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47