Friday, March 14, 2014

Random Stuff

Random Stuff
~Chris Brown can't get a break: He's been arrested again. This time, he didn't beat anyone up or bite them. He was just arrested for a probation violation. He was actually heading into rehab as the police showed up. He didn't fulfill his part of the deal. I shed no tears for him, but I still am upset with Rih being willing to get back with him numerous times.
~Lady Gaga and vomit: When you hear her music, I sometime want to puke. Just when we thought we'd stop seeing her in the press for stupid stunts, we get another talentless stunt. I hate the fact she is wasting her musical talents on shitty songs, because she can actually sing. She lowers her standards to fit a marketing model. I tried watching video from SXSW with her, but couldn't get through it.
~Listening to the original Jerry Goldsmith Total Recall soundtrack. 
This score really does hold up. I love the use of the syncopated beat as part of the main theme. I think Goldsmith was influenced by his use of beats as themes from Planet of the Apes. I've also been listening to Goldsmith's Executive Decision score too.

~I had a bit of health scare with a family member:  I won't get into details, but I found my mother unresponsive and I ended up calling 911 and saving her life.  As I stood in the ER section, a nurse praised me for saving her life.  I really don't feel like much of a hero, but okay.  I was calm and collected, despite the fact I could have lost the only person that kept me from going off the dark end of things during my development years.  She was the only one that kept my spirits up during some depressing times in high school.  Anyway, she's okay and out and about the next day. 

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47