Thursday, March 20, 2014

My Little Pony Backpack...My little banned (Grayson Bruce)

My Little Pony Backpack...banned
First off, I was a little “put off” by the Pony backpack thing. However, I put it in the context of my childhood time period. Kids would have probably teased me if I brought in a Star Trek lunchbox or backpack. From that point of view, I say let your freak flag fly if you want to be a Brony. 
I personally thought only grown nerds liked the new Pony cartoon show. I guess younger boys are into the show...for different reasons than the grown men. Like whatever you want to like. No one has the right to take away your fanboy-ism...even when I can't seem to get a grip on the fans. The physical bullying and verbal is just wrong.
This kid got picked on for his backpack. As you've read my older posts, I hate bullying. (But, I also think you should also defend yourself as well. You might take a loss, but you make it harder for them to pick on you too. For every time you pick on me, I going make you fight for it.) Why even waste the time and effect pick on some kid for wearing a Pony backpack/lunchbox? You would think adults would be more sensitive to bullying, not online bullying, but actual physical bullying.
Here's the best part. Instead of punishing the bullies, they told this Grayson kid to not wear his backpack. What kind of twisted bullshit is this? So, if the kid started fighting back, would he get punished?
From the Blaze, ((When the bullying came to a head and Noreen Bruce got involved, she said school officials blamed Grayson’s open appreciation for “My Little Pony” rather than punishing the bullies. ))
What kind of Guy-Bro mindset is this? This just seems like a strange way of “dealing with the problem”. How do we stop this forest fire from spreading? Let's blow up the rest of the forest so that way the fire doesn't have anything to burn. (How did it get burned?  Tell me!)
As I've stated before, I find physical (face to face) bullying to be more troubling than a bunch of d-bags on the Internet calling me names. This stuff can stay with you when someone is actually punching you in the face and calling you names.  And, yet this is way they handle it.  Don't destroy a kid's time to play with the toys he wants to play with and watch the cartoons he wants to watch.  
To quote a Ferengi
Ugly, very ugly 
Yes, I just pulled a Trek reference from a 20+ year show. 
 

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47