Friday, March 21, 2014

Jem and the Holograms: The Movie?(Outrageous)

Jem and the Holograms: The Movie?(Outrageous)
Yep, they're actually going through with it. Hey, GI Joe, TMNT, My Little Pony and Transformers have gotten updated remakes. Why not another toyline? I am just not sure a lot of people look back at Jem with the same nostalgia as TF or TMNT or that pony show.  However, there does seem to be a strong fangirl group online.  
From the Hollywood Reporter, ((Jason Blum’s Blumhouse Productions, Scooter Braun Productions and director Jon M. Chu are teaming up to make the movie, which has been fast-tracked to start production this spring. ))
I can't say I'm angry about the news. I was never a huge fan of the show.  I'm Care Bears all the way, sons of bitches. 
I am not sure there is a big enough fan base like say the Care Bears or My Little Pony. Both of these franchises were focused on girls and came out of the 80s. And, they both were more popular than Jem. Do I think girls need a hero to look up to? Given that we make singers out to be larger than life anyway, I think a Jem movie isn't too out of line.  They are going to have to really (Truly Truly) revamp the style and music for the movie, but keep the same magical premise. 
 
By the way, they set the Jem cartoon in the same shared universe TF and GI Joe. I am not making this up.
Yes, I did watch the show from time to time. So, I know the show. 
Screw Jem casting, I want to know about the casting of The Misfits.  

 


No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47