Friday, December 07, 2012

Clerks III: Still Clerking?

Well, it looks like Kevin Smith might not be done with the Clerks Universe after all. I personally loved Clerks 2, probably more than the first one. It actually had some heart to it that the first one didn't. However, I also felt that movie was a fitting end to the whole View Askew universe. I am not sure there is enough “water” to go back to the well of VA.
And, I believe he did the right thing by switching his hockey movie to a mini-series on TV. I don't think there is much interest in a hockey movie outside certain regions.  Unless he can make it interesting outside the sport such as the Rocky movies I won't be watching it.  
While I don't agree with him on certain issues, like battling trolls and critics, (just ignore them) I like what he has done with podcasting and viral marketing. Now, this might all be moot considering Jeff Anderson wasn't really too thrilled about doing Clerks 2 when they first planned it. And, I am not sure Anderson (Mr. Anderson!) will come back for this one. Plus, given what happens in the last movie, it seems like the two characters are set right back where they started...even with colors fading back to black and white. That's were the story has closure. Everything comes back full circle. I think a new movie in this universe harms that ending.
Unlike some franchises, you actually got your proper ending.  Why screw that up?  
How about doing something new? How about making a movie about a film director that made his own little movie and fulfilled his dreams instead?  


No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47