Monday, December 10, 2012

Air Jordan XX8 are dumb


First off, I make it a point not to wear new and cool shoes. Hell, I super glue my old work boots whenever they start to fall apart. However, I usually gave the Michael Jordan shoes a nod because they always came up with interesting designs that looked sleek. Love the designs, but hated the price tags.
Stealth shoes?  Really, Nike?  
Now, that has changed. The new Nike Jordans look really horrid. They call them the XX8s.
I mean what were they thinking? Are these new shoes wearing a coat? Are they cold?
Doing some digging, I discovered that the zipper thingy/coat is a shroud. I am sorry, but the “shroud” makes the shoe look like a woman's designer shoe instead of a damn sports shoe. At least we pretended like the shoes were for sporting events instead of out of shape rappers and pot smokers, but this is hovering over to the “trendy” side of things.
Basically, the shoes now have condoms on them. Or at least it looks like a peeled banana.
Is Nike so out of touch that no one even considered these shoes were a bad idea? Someone HAD to have tried to stop them from making these things.  I know the unwashed masses will buy them anyway because they plastered MJ over them, but still.  
From Buzz Feed.com, ((IT DOESN'T MATTER. The new XX8s look like something Robin Hood would wear to a funeral. Tom Brady should promote these. They're the ugliest sneakers I've ever seen. They look like they're made of lycra, and the little shiny patches above and around the sole, which are they only things that even qualify them as sneakers when the stupid hood is zipped up, are weird scabs that look dumb. ))
From Welcometoloudcity.com ((The logo on the side looks like it's screenprinted, and probably will make the shoe look cheap after 3 to 4 uses. Okay, I know I'm really railing on this shoe, but for $250, I'm expecting quality, darn it! ))
For 250, those shoes better make me a better dancer too.  
 Oh, wow the shoes look fab-u-lous!
_______________________________________________________________________

Let me sum up all this techno-babble for you:  Bullshit.  

1 comment:

Sneekerhead101 said...

I think it's awesome that everyone hated these shoes in 2012 because I bought a pair and put them in the closet still in the box. Since sales were so low now they are rare and I've received offers up to $750 for them. For now I'm hanging onto them though, I'll pass them down to my son. Maybe he'll be able to sell them and buy a car 😂

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47