Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Sonic the Hedgehog “Ring” sound effect used on cash registers


Sonic the Hedgehog “Ring” sound effect used on cash registers
I was out in the South End of Louisville on my bike, and I dropped in one of those Shell gas stations to pick up some ice tea drinks.  When the cashier ringed up my stuff, I heard a familiar sound from my childhood, and I instantly knew what it was…the sound effect of the “rings” being collected by Sonic.  It is the same sound effect that Sega uses today in their new games. 
Here is the proof from a youtuber.
I am sure there was a programmer  that was a Sonic fan and put that in there, but it is clearly the Sonic sound.  And, I am glad I am not the only one to notice it.   
Whenever I drop my change, I want to hear the “losing the Rings” sound effect.
Side note

The Juvenile/ Lil Wayne song Bling-Bling seems to use the Sonic “Ring” sound effect too.  Don’t take my word for it…

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47