Friday, November 12, 2010

Dead & Deader: Phelous reviewed this movie

Dead & Deader: Phelous reviewed this movie
I had no idea there was a strange “Off” sequel to the House of the Dead franchise. Phelous was correct in that the movie was supposed to be a sequel to the first two terrible movies, but ended up being a self-contained turd. Now, I want to see this movie after the review. Here's why...
~The numerous Superman jokes from Guy Torry about Dean Cain. Man, Cain's career has been in the crapper for years now. I remember him distancing himself from Superman during the run of the show. Something tells me he needs to embrace that for convention money now...or the auto shows.
~John Billingsley and Armin Shimerman are both in the movie. I guess that was supposed to be a Star Trek joke.
~Uh, A Michael Bay bashing? Really, from this movie?
~Guy Torry cashing in for a pay check.
~The constant stupid nerd jokes in the movie: The only reason I can think of for this is because geek writer Mark A. Altman wrote this movie. But, it comes off a bit awkward.
Speak of Altman, he was a critic/editor of a sci-fi magazine back in the day. I agreed with many of his reviews on DS9 and B5, but he had this hang up over the Star Wars Special Editions to the point that he kept mentioning it everywhere. Plus, he has a hang up on TNG. The problem is Altman has now been connected to some really shitty movies of late. He wrote...
House of the Dead: Yes, he wrote that movie. The Boll movie, and he made a joke about Bay? But, Boll gets a pass?
House of the Dead 2 : Yeah, I know.
DOA: Dead or Alive : I don't even have to get into this one again. The only reason to watch this is for the half naked women. (Producer)
I used to look up to this guy, and he was partly the reason I got into writing and criticizing movies.
Maybe, the guy likes making movies with the name Dead in the title?

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47