Friday, April 18, 2008

Earthquake Time!

Earthquake Time!

http://www.wlky.com/news/15920133/detail.html

It was 5:30AM. After coming home from work, I decided to watch some videos before I went to bed. I started to watch that Scientology episode of South Park when I noticed the windows started to shake. My first thought was that there was someone trying to break in, but then I thought it was heavy winds. It was after the shaking stopped that I realized it was an earthquake. It ended up being a 5.2. I really didn’t feel it, and I am a little disappointed that I didn’t feel it like you see in the movies. (Maybe it is Xenu trying to stop me from watching that episode.)

The aftershock!

While sitting in a class room, a fellow student read his paper on the earlier earthquake. He read aloud his paper and that was when the room started to shake and rumble. Yep, he was discussing the Earthquake and an aftershock happened just as he started.

Actually, the aftershock felt stronger than the earthquake. It ended up being a 4.6.

4 comments:

MC said...

Well, you do sort of live in an earthquake zone, as the New Madrid Seismic Zone occupies the Western part of your state.

Semaj said...

Yeah, that's true. We had a smaller EQ a while back, like in the 90s, but this one was bigger. I heard there's been a few smaller aftershocks (2.0)

I can say this, this city is not prepared to respond to a major EQ.

Btw, I was trying to figure out the name of the zone

Yvonne Tran said...

For some reason, I'd like to live through an earthquake at least once in my life.

Anyway, I'm glad it wasn't anything more serious, Semaj :)

Semaj said...

thanks, sitting through a mild aftershock certainly reminds you that not even the ground is that stable.

It was a strange feeling

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47