Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Random bits (Hopefully, no April Fools)

Random bits (Hopefully, no April Fools)

~10 most annoying things about Lost: I love Lost like other people, but there are a few things that annoy the hell out of me. One of them is certainly that damn Four-Toed statue. Then there is the bad decision to kill off Libby. I know that they needed to really shock the audience, but this character was never fully developed.

~Hmm, this statement by George Lucas is a little confusing: I don’t know what to really make from this statement “[W]e know that for the fans it won’t be the movie that they have been making in their minds for the last 19 years, so they all get bent out of shape. A lot of the critics forget that they didn’t like the first three, and so they get off on this one, too — or it’s not the Second Coming. And, yeah, we didn’t make it bigger and better, we made it exactly the same. So if you loved the other ones, you’ll love this one. But if you expect to have F-14s flying under freeways — that isn’t there. It’s just another period adventure movie with this wacky archaeologist.” Part of me agrees with this statement, but I’ve generally mistrusted anything Lucas has said for years now. He’s pretty much destroyed anything creative inside him and merely sold out his fan base. (Making fans pay for Internet content, Really, Lucas? And, I can’t believe the fact people actually paid a fee to get Hyperspace.)

~Speaking of Indiana Jones, I am a huge fan of the other three movies, but Lucas and Spielberg are completely different people creatively. Plus, I always felt The Last Crusade was fitting end to the Indiana Jones franchise.

~Young people and Indiana Jones: Then, there’s the factor of the younger crowds (teenagers) not being interested in anything that’s considered old. Yes, there are children growing up having not seen the original Star Wars or Indiana Jones movies. I remember talking a young lady that’s never seen Star Wars. (I was shocked.)

Is Indiana Jones relevant to this Meet the Spartans and Step up to the Streets crowd?

Remember, these kids have grown up on reality TV shit, Myspace/Facebook and bad spoof movies. There is no real value for good media anymore.

~Speaking of bad Media: I can’t wait to NOT see the Gears of War movie. We can hope it’s at least Mortal Kombat quality, but it will probably be Super Mario Brothers: the movie quality.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Thanks for the link to my blog post. I agree, the missing information about the four-toed statue is REALLY REALLY annoying. I can't believe I didn't put that on my list! I hope they tell us what it means soon.

Semaj said...

No problem it was a funny and interesting post.

Yeah, I nearly screamed at the screen and said, "WTF?" I'm shocked they even showed it early on and haven't even touched on it.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47