Wednesday, April 02, 2008

More Terms to learn…

More Terms to learn…

I’ve been busy lately, haven’t been able to do some of the usual posts I write around here. But, the one I usually like the most is the Terms and Definitions from the wonderful Urbandictionary.com

Here are a few interesting ones.

manorexia: The male version of anorexia nervosa, or any general wasting away of the body in men. This eating disorder is commonly seen in starlets but is now affecting men, where they take on the wasted appearance of starving children in third world countries.

Comment: I’ve never heard of this one before. I’ve noticed a growing trend of putting the word “man” in front to it gives it a different term. Like, Man-purse or Manginal.

wiki-snob: Academics who feel that anything found in the wikipedia is suspect because it wasn't written by a committe of fat-cat, overpaid, grant-hogging professors whose prusuit of pseudo science is endandering science funding everywhere.

Comment: This one is funny, because I’ve come across many Professors that throw their noses up to the mere word Wikipedia, but Wiki is a good source to start and do further research for your story with the outer-links.

Lawyer Ball: The art of playing the rules instead of playing a game. For example, trying to work out a walk in slow-pitch softball. Swing the bat, you puss!

Comment: I like this one a lot too. I always hated those guys that would call a foul every time someone would touch them, thus slowing down the game. This is street ball, son. My brother was like that a lot and is probably the reason I stopped playing basketball with him. Such a cry baby, man-up, son.

It is what it is: Used often in the business world, this incredibly versatile phrase can be literally translated as "fuck it."

Comment: I use the term “what ya going to do?” instead. But, I also use f’ it too.

it just might blow: when someone throhs trash in your yard and you tell them to get rid of it and they kick it to thwe street there's a chance it may blow into your yard again

Comment: Uh, what? I just might blow trying to figure out this piece of crap.

2 comments:

Ammaro said...

oh lollll... some good ones there! lol... lawyer ball... i know a few bastards who this would define to a T!

Semaj said...

Those are always the guys that slow down a game and calling other people's calls.

these guys forget the idea of street play, (there are no rules)

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47