Friday, April 04, 2008

Aqua Teen Hunger Force: Colon Movie Film for Theaters

Aqua Teen Hunger Force: Colon Movie Film for Theaters

Uh, wow, I really can’t say how I feel about this movie, because I don’t know what to say about this movie. I am a huge fan of the series and have been for years. But, this movie goes way beyond the strangeness of the show. So much so, that I don’t know if I should be angry or confused with the ending. I get some of the jokes, but the movie is so stupid that I surly can’t give it a favorable grade.

The story is about the ATHF constructing a workout device in order to get babes. Carl ends up trying the device first. While Carl is in the workout device, it transforms into a giant killer robot that dances to an annoyingly loud techno song with Carl attached to it. (I’m not making this up.) The whole workout/techno bit is very funny, but the movie completely drops that storyline from the movie for an origin story. This origin story makes no sense either, none.

I can take the random humor of the TV show because it is only 22-mins long. But, an entire movie with this type of humor is a bit of strain for anyone to handle. Yet, I can see why someone would like the movie, because it’s all ATHF jokes, but on a larger level.

I’m just a little confused if the whole movie is just one big ‘f’ you’, and I am not getting it.

A confusing grade: D+

2 comments:

Mayren said...

thank you. I hate and abhor AQTF. I am happy to see that I'm not crazy. I mean some things are just bad right?

Semaj said...

I really can't figure out exactly the point of the movie was really.

But, yeah, this movie is just bad. (this is coming from a fan of the film.)

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47