Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Desperate Housewives gets Desperate with dolls

Desperate Housewives Dolls?

Yes, this is another sign that the End is coming. I'm generally not the biggest fan of merchandising because it's an mutated outgrowth of marketing. When Franchises start receiving action figures and terrible video games, you know there is a bit of Shark Jumping. I'm not a Desperate Housewives fan, but I do think ABC might be milking the show a little bit too much for my taste.

I'd really have a problem if we started seeing LOST action figures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the only successful tv merchandising i can recall is all the star trek merchandise during the mid 90's. other than that, the whole desparate housewives move is indeed desparate. but i'd be all about lost action figures, with a nifty plastic bunker playset that explodes when you don't push the button. lol

paul

Semaj said...

That might actually work, with a eating Hurley doll. I guess they could do a Lostzilla doll black smoke doesn't go over well as a toy

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47