Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Two Months? Part 1

Two Months? Part 1

If you didn't know, many years ago, I wanted to get promoted into the management program at UPS. I knew I could handle ordering people, and I believed I had the knowledge and years in the company. They screwed me over quite a few times, and they played so many games with me, but I stuck with the program. After all the runarounds, the final straw was when they promoted person named Jennifer (Whom had only two years in the company...) over me, and that was the final straw. I did the worst thing possible, I gave up. There are points in your life when something so bad happens that it changes it you, this was that moment.

Jennifer and I were fierce competitors for the next management position when it opened up. I still remember the words from my full time supervisor when he told me she was going to get the job over me...

“So, have you made a decision yet,” I asked, walking up beside my boss.

He paused in his stride and turned to me. He shrugged and frowned. “I'm going with Jennifer. She's getting promoted tomorrow. James, I'm sorry.”

When I heard those words, I've never felt so many emotions come rushing into my mind all at once. I'm not going to lie, I was hurt and pissed. However, my boss never saw these emotions, I kept them in.

Now, there were a few better ways I could have handled the whole thing.

1 Told him to “F' off and have a nice day.” Then proceed to walk off, quitting the job all together.

2 I should have Kept sending in my cover letter and application just to piss them off every year.

Probably the worst moment was when I congratulated Jennifer on her promotion, shaking her hand and wishing her well. It was the hardest thing to do, but I did it.

Find out more next time like...

What happened to Jennifer in the years after she got promoted?

What happened to me after all this?

What does the Two Months have to do with the story?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! A teaser! A clifff hanger! I like that...

Give us more! Give us more!

Semaj said...

LOL, thanks. It does get interesting. thanks for coming in.

Anonymous said...

I think that's great that after all the crap you suffered, you still had the decency to congratulate Jennifer.

And dangit, I hate your post cliffhangers ... :P

Semaj said...

LOL, I learned the cliffhangers from LOST, keep them wanting more.

 
Blog Information Profile for Semaj47